Sunday, January 25, 2009

Defeat Chronic Fatigue Syndrome or Complete Weight Loss Workbook

Defeat Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: An Eight Step Protocol

Author: Martha E Kilcoyn

When I was three months pregnant with my second child, I caught a flu virus that changed my life. For the next four years I lived in the clutches of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. When I realized that most of the medical profession considered my illness to be "in my head", I felt so isolated, struggling to understand what was wrong with me knowing that it was a real physical illness.

CFS shut down my life as I knew it and forced me to become a recluse spending most of my time in bed between short lived efforts to have a "normal" life. But slowly, through much trial and error, I began to understand the patterns and the cruelty of CFS. In the end, I defeated Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and now live a full and healthy life - totally free of CFS.

This book shares in detail the eight step protocol that I developed and followed as I slowly and steadily regained my health. It's written in a clear, concise format, understanding the struggle that CFS sufferers have with memory and concentration.

By consistently following these steps, I hope that you too can defeat Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. You don't have to live with it!

The formerly bedridden author, now fully recovered, provides a pragmatic and inspiring guide for CFS, fibromyalgia, CFIDS, and ME patients. This proactive, self-management protocol demonstrates how to get control over those aspects of the disease that can be controlled. Physicians will appreciate the emphasis on a strong working relationship and the foundation on which to build a successful treatment plan. Caregivers will better understand their loved ones and get specific suggestions about how to help.

Cort Johnson - phoenix-cfs.org

'Defeat Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' is aimed at the ME/CFS patient, it's short, it's readable and it focuses on the essentials of managing this disease. This book is not the one to tell you to take X supplement for Y problem - indeed the short chapter on supplements is weakest in the book - or which treatments to try. In some ways that's the easy stuff; managing ones disease successfully while being encased in brain fog and being torn by guilt and remorse and frustration - that's the really hard part of ME/CFS and that's precisely what this book is about.
In 'Defeat Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' Martha grapples with the fundamental issues chronic fatigue syndrome patients have to deal with; how do I balance health and responsibility? When should I say stop? What should my priorities be? How should I manage this disease?



Interesting textbook: Grilling or New Great American Writers Cookbook

Complete Weight Loss Workbook

Author: Judith Wylie Rosett

Weight loss tips for people with diabetes

Lose weight and keep it off! This is the same lifelong weight-controlplan used by a National Institutes of Health research study to helpmore than 1,500 people lose weight. This book can help readerstailor a personalized plan to meet their goals.

Judith Wylie-Rosett, Ed.D., R.D. is the lead author andassociate director of the Diabetes Research and Training Center at theAlbert Einstein School of Medicine at Yeshiva University.She is also a coauthor of 101 Weight Loss Tips for People with Diabetes.



No comments:

Post a Comment